Suite 402, 65 Wellesley St East, Toronto, ON, M4Y 1G7
(and virtual appointments)
Hiral is a compassionate and highly skilled psychotherapist dedicated to helping individuals overcome emotional challenges, achieve optimal mental well-being and promotes self-healing. With almost a decade of experience in the field, Hiral has cultivated a deep understanding of the complexities of the human mind and the intricate dynamics that shape our behaviours, emotions, and relationships. Having a lived experience, she understands the aspects of the journey, its challenges and gifts. She believes that the process of metamorphosis is challenging but that's what gives wings to a caterpillar to become a butterfly.
Armed with a master’s degree in psychology from India and extensive training in various therapeutic modalities, Hiral is a trusted guide on the journey towards self-discovery and personal growth. Drawing from evidence-based approaches such as EMDR, Somatic Therapy, Person-Centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Psychodrama and mindfulness-based interventions, Hiral tailors treatment plans to meet each client's unique needs.
Her experience as an immigrant, she understands the challenges of major life transitions and its impact on an individual. Having worked with a diverse clientele, ranging from adolescents to adults, and individuals from various cultural backgrounds, Hiral creates a warm, nonjudgmental, and empathetic therapeutic environment where clients feel safe to explore their deepest concerns. By fostering a collaborative and trusting relationship, Hiral supports clients in uncovering the root causes of their challenges, identifying negative patterns, and developing effective coping strategies.
Hiral’s areas of expertise include trauma, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, self-esteem and confidence building, and life transitions. Through an integrative and holistic approach, Hiral addresses the interconnectedness of mind, body, and spirit, recognizing the importance of cultivating overall well-being.
Passionate about staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field, Hiral continuously engages in ongoing professional development and attends conferences and workshops. By integrating new research findings and therapeutic techniques, Hiral ensures that clients receive the most effective and evidence-based treatments available.
Hiral firmly believes in the transformative power of therapy and the potential for individuals to achieve personal growth, resilience, and lasting change. Through their expertise, empathy, and unwavering dedication, Hiral empowers clients to navigate life's challenges, embrace their authentic selves, and create fulfilling and meaningful lives.
English, Gujarati, Hindi
In her spare time, Hiral enjoys spending time in nature, dancing, reading, engaging in spiritual practices, listening to music and connecting with her creative side. She also makes sure to spend some time with herself and her inner child.
- Bridge to Registration & Employment in Mental Health | MNLCT (Toronto)
- Masters of Arts in Clinical Psychology | Gujarat University (India)
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology | Gujarat University (India)
COURSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Trauma Treatment Certification Training (CCTP), Janina Fisher
- Integrating EMDR into Clinical Practice
- DBT Skills Training
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder or Complex PTSD: Emerging Definitions and Treatment Directions, Safe Guards Trauma Informed Training
- Vicarious Trauma, Compassion Fatigue & Burnout, Mission: Empowerment led by Francoise Mathieu
- Working with Complex Trauma: Untangling Somatic Wounds, Trauma Solutions led by Dr. Peter Levine and Dr. Diane Poole Heller
- San’yas: Indigenous Cultural Safety Training, Provincial Health Services Authority Indigenous Health Program
- Trauma Fundamentals, Canadian Mental Health Association
- Advancing Recovery, Canadian Mental Health Association
- Certificate Program in “Therapists Internal Processes and Applications”, Maanas The Inside Story (India)
- Certificate in “Advanced Practice in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy”, Adler Faculty of Continuing Education
- Workshop in “Psychodrama”, Psychodrama Institute of Melbourne
- Certificate workshop in “Transactional Analysis", International Transactional Analysis Association
Don Edwards, RP, PhD